Saturday, January 18, 2014

Inner beauty: Smoothie Love


Hello Loves,

As some of you may know, I lost 22.5 pounds in 2013. My goal for 2014 is to lose 15lbs, putting me below my highschool weight. Maybe I'm shooting for the stars, but I'm just curious of how it would feel to be just a tad bit lighter.

Nonetheless, one thing that helped me last year was maintaining a balanced diet. I'm not big on eating raw veggies, so I have settled on hiding them in my smoothies. My smoothies usually contain more spinach that what is pictured, but I need to work myself back up to that. I usually freeze my ingredients the night before then blend them up in the morning; prevents the use of ice that can water down a smoothie.

So for those who are thinking of adding veggies to their smoothies, please do so! You won't regret it!
I got this recipe idea from Itsjudyslife, unfortunately I don't have a great blender, so there are still some fibers remaining. The amount of each ingredient is dependent on what you prefer. Let me know how you like it.